Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Jig is up!!!!!!

My Feb DTC pal has been revealed and she is Samantha from PEI!!!! The funny thing is, she was my secret pal too, so we have been exchanging gifts with one another for these past few months. Too funny!!!!!! You can read all about Sam's journey here at Spitting Wooden Nickels. She is a very interesting person with some very insightful thoughts and a HUGE chocolate lover.

As you can see by the photo, Sam was so very generous this month with special gifts from PEI - the Cows dress and a shovel for playing in the sand. For those of you who don't know, PEI is an island with beautiful red soil, just think "Anne of Green Gables". We also live on an island, Vancouver island with rocky beaches with lots of sand too. Isabel will love this special gift and I hope that we do make it to the other coast sometime!! Sam also sent us a winter hat and gloves with a little Inuit on it with a story!! So sweet. Yes, these will be very useful if we keep having snow - banish the thought - but also useful for the cold winter wind days when we like to go walking on the beach!!! It was actually supposed to snow today but it is 8 Celsius so I doubt it!! The Massage books for babies and kitties are lovely and will be so useful for Isabel - Camie is already addicted to some of my "new moves" !!! I am also loving the massage lotion you sent and will have to investigate where to find some!!!!!!! By the way, Shawn's pet name for me is "bunnyrabbit" in full, "bunny" for short (yes I KNOW!!!) and he LOVES the "Little Rabbit" book. The L'il Dippers, Beetlespoon and the Express soap will be sooooo helpful in China!! You would never know this, but each time I am in my favorite bookstore, I walk by the packaged letters and stare at the "I". You must have pulled that message from somewhere because the wooden "I" is PERFECT!! Of course, from one chocolate lover to the other the dark chocolate Hershey's kisses are to DIE for!!! Thank you so much and sharing them with Shawn, hmnn have to think about that. Sam, thank you SO much for being my pal, it gave me much pleasure to find gifts for you and I have loved all of your gifts to me. Keep in touch!!!!

8 comments:

C's Mom said...

How cool is that! What a great pal.

Red Sand said...

Ok, it's letting me post today... Kristine, it has been a pleasure. When I first found your site and saw a posting about your passion for tea, I knew we'd get along just fine. In fact, that post triggered memories of sitting in Victoria having tea and something chocolate (of course) 3 years ago. All the best,
Sam

4D said...

That is really cool! Nice gifts.

Keep smilin!

Tao's Mommy said...

Very cool!! So does that mean your buddy swapping is now done!! I'm not looking forward to mine being over....I'm having fun!!
But your SP was great as I'm sure you spoiled her too!!!
I talked with my friend in Victoria the other day and she said your having great weather again.....we are still stuck in the deep freeze!!

Kristine said...

My Feb. DTC exchange is over :( because some people weren't reciprocating!!! My March DTC exchange is still going for the next few months and I am looking forward to finding out who my pal is so that I can spoil her a little bit too!!!

J Brant said...

Stumbled on your blog...I love all the book suggestions. I am from PEI as well and have met Sam a couple of times, she is very nice. It looks like you both have been very good to each other.:)
Take care,
Jen

D & S said...

Very nice gifts. How funny is it that you were her secret friend too.

Anonymous said...

Those are GREAT gifts, "bunny". ;-)

I love the "Cows" stuff from PEI!

Janet T.