Saturday, December 29, 2007
Friday, December 28, 2007
UPDATE: well they just called and said that she isn't eating now etc, etc, and they will test her this afternoon. We are going to see her soon. I have to say that my heart is breaking...
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Monday, December 24, 2007
We wanted to thank everyone for all of their support this past year and the kindness that this cyber world has shown us. It has been a pleasure.
In saying that, our Marching Panda secret pal's December gift arrived yesterday and here is the photo!! Cutie, cute goodies with a special gift for both Mama and Baba!!! So sweet!!! Thank you!!!
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Thursday, December 06, 2007
|You Are a Christmas Sweater!|
Hmnn, maybe I will post a picture of the Christmas sweater that I have worn a few times this year all ready... at my Bazaar, at the Christmas Tree Decorating party and I will wear it again tonight for the Victoria Operatic Society performance. Can you guess what I do for a living? Yep, I am the Director of Leisure Services at a Seniors Residence. My poor staff have to put up with me wearing that crazy thing each year (this is our 9th Christmas together). They say they know Christmas is over when the Christmas Cardie leaves the office!!!!!
Saturday, December 01, 2007
So, this is what we have been doing to keep ourselves busy...skating!! Love it!!! We go to our city arena called SOFA, ha ha. No outdoor skating in Victoria because we don't have snow, well we do a little today!! Fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Off to decorate at work...
Monday, November 26, 2007
Well, our theme this month was "Dress you up in My Love" and our pal certainly did this!! As you can see from the photo, she included a beautiful Christmas dress, a Pink number that I wish they made in my size because it is just my style and a sweet little Pauline doll called "Awake/Asleep Annie" who didn't make it into last month's package. Wow.
The two books "Tikki Tikki Tembo" and "The Ugly Vegetable" look great!!!!!!!!! Our pals then added a very special gift, the "From China with Love" 2008 calendar. Oh my!! This is just such a precious gift. I had a few tears while looking at all the photos of the beautiful children. It is so inspiring.
So, thank you secret pal!! You are just super!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
I am KIDDING here. Please do not take this the wrong way and while I know that adopting a child with different features and a different cultural background is serious business (I only believe that we have one race, the human race), I just had to add some levity.
Oh, and by the way Shawn really does love KI.SS!!!!!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I found this on Deb's site. I remember this song from an email that I sent to my girlfriend about four years ago. It had a little dancing bear and her son watched it over and over and over again!!! It almost drove them crazy. I wanted to have it here so that Isabel can hear it one day and drive me crazy!!!!
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Thursday, November 01, 2007
So Sam was a sweetie and sent me some lovely goodies!! Thank you soooo much for the pick me up!! Camie, a Diva as ever had to get into the photo!! Seriously, I was putting the gifts out and she jumped into the photo.
So, now, here is the photo without the kitty, to show the lovely goodies from Sam - a gorgeous tea cup, delicious tea (yes I have tried it!!), a neat candle snuffer, sweet little bag and a really pretty jacket for Isabel!! Love the card!! Thanks again Sam, you are a doll!!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
I decided to post this update because this blog is a record of our wait for Isabel and all of the things that we are doing to prepare for her. When the last referral batch came out, it shocked me to the core and I just couldn't bear to write about or contemplate our life with our daughter. As many people are writing right now, the wait is indescribable unless you are in the thick of it. I am a very patient person and I do believe that things happen for a reason and because of that, I do wonder if having our own children is something that will happen for Shawn and I. In saying this, I am not looking for empathy but wondering if the program is going to end before we get to China and if it does, do we have the emotional strength to follow a path to another country. So hard to know. Oh well, we continue on and hope that the referrals next month will be good news. Cheers, and thanks for all of your kind words and emails.
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
TBG Happenings . She revealed herself in this, the last of her gifts and I COMPLETELY understand why she has dropped out of the exchange, she has her Sophie home!!!!!!! I was sad to hear that my pal was dropping out but Maryellen, you have the best reason EVER!!!!
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Monday, October 01, 2007
Yep, 19 months in the long line. Can't wait to see the referrals this month, hope that our daughter is ever closer to coming home. According to the CCAA, we will have at least 5 more months to wait for our referral. Here's hoping that things speed up and we see her face sooner that that. It all seems so unreal and so very far away... Happy October!!!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
It has been a difficult week for many reasons, just one being this horrible wait. I looked at our ticker and I can't believe that we are so close to 24 months. When I chose it, I didn't even think we would get to the 24 month stage and now I may have to find a longer one. Who knows though, in this game, you can never tell.
Now to book Shawn's Vegas hotel. He is going to our good friend's wedding in October and I have to stay home with the cat (yes we have thought of all of our options and no, there is no one who can take care of a geriatric cat - you have to live with her, cuddle her LOTS and clean up after her episodes etc etc). My choice to stay home because Gary is like Shawn's little brother but I am still a little bummed about missing the big event. C'est la vie!!
Have a great weekend!!! We are guest free and work free - woohoo!!!!
Disclaimer to our guests: we do LOVE having everyone but we have had guests almost every weekend and some weeks since the beginning of May. We do LOVE you all very much and are glad that you enjoy our humble little abode so much!!
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Oh and I have a request. A very very dear old friend and her husband had their surrogate implanted with two embryos last week. Please send white light, healing energy, prayers, whatever you can to this wonderful family. They have had so much loss in their lives (including their daughter) and I just can't imagine any family who deserves a child more. Thanks.
Saturday, September 01, 2007
That is ok because our last summer long weekend was a bust!! Shawn had to work, our weekend guest V got really sick with a bad cold/fever and I had too many tini's of Friday night to be of any use to anyone!!!! We went to a fun and interesting party with friends but I am certainly feeling my age these days. I used to get up and go to work after a night like that but no more!! I couldn't even get out of bed until noon the next day!!! Ah well, off to the next phase of life, motherhood!!! When exactly that will be, is any one's guess!!!
I am happy (I know that many AP's are pretty upset) that the CCAA referred up to November 25th. I was thinking that it might be a two day referral so four days was a huge relief. There were rumours floating around that they may go into December but I just couldn't see it. So, I am sad that our wait has extended again but happy that at least we are still moving forward.
Oh, and I wanted to recommend a book called "Buy, Buy Baby". It has been a very interesting read so far. I don't necessarily agree with all of the ideas the author suggests but it is enlightening!!
Monday, August 20, 2007
I spent the weekend with our seven year old friend Baxter, his Dad and my sewing machine. A very busy weekend but I was able to organize, sort and complete many of my sewing projects. I REALLY want to get started on Isabel's quilt but feel like I need to finish the pile of little projects before I start this larger one!!!
We are also going to start moving things around in our house as we found out last week that moving isn't an option we are willing to entertain. I really can't see paying twice the mortgage payment for a larger backyard and a few extra hundred square feet. Housing prices here are crazy and we want to stay downtown so we will pay more. Half a million for a 1500 square foot house and small yard or three bedroom townhouse condo without a yard!! Oh well, Isabel with have to make do with the pool/rec centre and playground two blocks away!!! I love the fact that we can walk down to the inner harbour and enjoy our beautiful city on a summer afternoon/evening. As I always say, c'est la vie!!!!!!
Monday, August 13, 2007
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
On another more positive topic, a fellow Marching Panda has started a little business on her blog. Check out Dianne's creations. Just soo very cute!!!
Sunday, July 29, 2007
1.We have had tons of fun with friends and family. It has been a crazy time of visiting, holidaying and exploring our Island home.
2. Our very dear friend's granddaughter was shot a week ago in Winnipeg outside of a club while waiting for a cab with her girlfriends after a birthday party. She is recuperating and coming home to Vancouver this weekend. You never think that these things will happen to people that you know and love!!!
3. The last H. Potter book arrived here on Friday from Amazon and it has been hard to take my nose out of it to spend time with anyone. Yesterday, they all went hiking and I took my chair and sat at the beach and read... As my 6 1/2 year old friend Baxter said "Don't read it too fast Kristine, then you will be sorry you have finished it!! I feel that way about most of the books that I read!!" He also informed me that I missed out on climbing the magical mountain because I decided to read instead. What was I thinking!!Ah, out of the mouths of babes!!
4. The H. Potter movie "Order of the Phoenix" came out and we went. I will have to see it a second time to really give an opinion.
5. We almost bought a new townhouse condo but didn't move fast enough... the market here is CRAZY expensive...I have to get used to the fact that unless I want to live in the suburbs, we will be staying put...
AND our little nephew Blake turned TWO today!!! Happy birthday to one of the cutest little guys we know!! Wish we had been there to help celebrate but it sounded as though Blake and Brett were having a good time when we called!!
So, August is on the horizon and the sun is setting at 9:30 instead of 10:00. Soon enough, we will have 17 months of official waiting under our belts and referral should come soon too... Here's hoping we have our daughter to enjoy the summer with next year. Off to watch "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" while we eat Shawn's famous chicken wings...Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Sunday, July 15, 2007
I guess I am feeling a little sad because our friends have returned to Ontario and we have returned to work after a fabulous holiday with them. It was great!! We went to all of the places that I mentioned in my last post as well as visiting Colleen, Bob and the kids on Saltspring Island for a day. There is NOTHING like a BBQ and swimming in an Island lake!! Thanks guys for having us!!
I am also feeling sad because the kids are gone. Rachael is six and Andrew is eight. They are wonderful kids and we had so much fun together. Rachael spent her last night here dressed in my purple wig and vampire costume along with the teeth. She is hilarious!! I had to give her the glow in the dark teeth to take home - she spent hours in the bathroom with them!!! I guess having the kids here, even when they were fighting and driving their parents crazy, really reminded me that we want a family too and it has just been such a long wait to have one. People who are adopting for the first time have usually been waiting alot longer than the published wait times and it is now eight years for us with only 16 months of this being in line for China. I was looking at the kids thinking that if we had been able to have our own, our children would have been just a little younger than Andrew and Rachael. Oh well. Yikes, late for work but thanks again Sam for brightening my day as you always do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cathedral Grove, hanging out on our ocean view hotel room balconies and visiting Gary at his campsite at Rathtrevor Beach. I don't have pictures yet but it was a great week and even Camie enjoyed the air conditioned suite as we have had some hot weather here on the West Coast.
Ah, this is the life. Both of my parents are/were teachers and I never understood that people actually went to work in the summer. My Dad coached all of our sports teams, we went sailing, to the cottage and visited friends and family all summer long. It was a great childhood but it was very difficult to get my mind around that fact that you have to work at your full time job in the summer!!! Even though intellectually I know that most people do, it just doesn't feel right to get up and go to work on hot summer days!!! This is actually, the first time I have had a week off in the summer for oh, 22 years so I have worked all summer long since I was a teenager but it is still strange!!! So, hope that everyone is enjoying their summer - especially you teachers who really deserve the time away!!!
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Yep, thought that I was more of a Geek because I like Sci-Fi, reading and computers but guess not!! I think that I am a geek because I did this quiz on a beautiful long weekend!!!! Actually, Veronica is here from the Mainland and we are resting after a lovely Thai lunch on the patio around the block, thrift store shopping and walking all over the city. Next stop the liquor store for some Vodka for 'tinis and then to the rooftop patio downtown for dinner and drinks. Yummy!!!!! See how great I feel tomorrow...yikes!!!!
Friday, June 22, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Friday, June 08, 2007
1. Dark Chocolate - love it, love it, love it!!!! Ah, such comfort in Chocolate.
2. Gluten Free Pizza - Yummy and very nice after a long day!! This combines my love of Thai food...
3. My most recent favorite food is Vanilla yogurt with frozen blueberries and lots of fresh strawberries... must make some now!!
I have to add one more.... SUSHI!!!!!! LOVE my sushi. Always makes me feel better.
I have to say that I used to love egg salad sandwiches on white bread or mac and cheese but the gluten free options just aren't as good!!
If you are reading this and want to share...consider yourself tagged!!!
Thursday, June 07, 2007
|Your Birthdate: February 11|
Your strength: Your inner peace
Your weakness: You get stuck in the clouds
Your power color: Emerald
Your power symbol: Leaf
Your power month: November
I found this on LayDfrog's blog and thought that it was cute!!! I do believe that I get stuck in the clouds and if my power month is November - here's hoping for a referral then!!!
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
So, because it is a specialized pizza "joint", it takes a LONG time to be delivered (usually over an hour). It is located right downtown on Wharf St. and it is VERY difficult to pick up from. So, what does this have to do with waiting? Well, last night I called at 5:20 to order. At 7:00 Shawn asked if I should call and see where it was because we had been waiting so long. I said "Well hon, we are experts in waiting for things. We waited 8 years to get married, 6 years to get pregnant and we have been waiting over two years for our adoption. What is the problem with waiting over an hour and a half for a pizza?" We had a good laugh and then the doorbell rang...
Monday, June 04, 2007
Saturday, June 02, 2007
I had to turn down a job offer this week (an unsolicited one ) because of the uncertainty of the referral timeline which will end in a parental leave (we have over 30 weeks in Canada). I just couldn't give them a concrete answer other than "maybe next spring" and we agreed that it would not be beneficial for their clients. This situation is not good for relationship building which is essential in my career. I just don't feel as though I can make a job change even though I REALLY need to, when everything is so uncertain. The only certain thing is the uncertainty!!!
So, I will get excited about these LIDversary's when they actually mean that we are close to our referral. No-one said that adoption would be easy!!!
Monday, May 28, 2007
We also love the "Wee Sing" tapes and books. I can see those being very fun to listen to and play along with in the car as well as at home. If that wasn't enough, our pal included three books "Piglet and Mama" (it is the year of the pig you know!!), "Colours of the Mountain" and "Chinese Cinderella". I don't know how you manage to find books that we haven't read yet!!! Amazing. So thank you, thank you for this most wonderful gift of music and song. Oh, and no problem about giving Isabel a drum - Shawn's parents gave him a whole kit when he was a kid and he plans to do the same with Isabel.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Ah, if only dreams could come true!!! Well, the part about the up to January referral. I would HATE to miss the trip to China!! Just wanted to record this - sorry if it is incoherent but I have to go get ready for work and I didn't want to forget it!!!! I do have a dream journal but the ones about China, I think should be here for Isabel.
Oh and if you do read the RQ, you will already know this but for those that don't, she has reported that TA's are coming to European families and that means that referrals may come sometime next week - MAY that is. Have a great Thursday!!!
Monday, May 21, 2007
1.What is your salad dressing of choice? My own concoction of wheat free soya sauce, Miran, rice vinegar, wheat free wooster (yea, I know that is not how you spell it!!), olive oil and a drop of sesame. Yummy.
2.What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? definitely Sushi or Italian food (so many choices!!)
1.What is your wallpaper on your computer? a photo of the Hurricane Mountains that we took last summer while hiking with friends.
2.How do you listen to music? On my stereo, on my cd player/alarm clock (both in my bedroom and in my office - love them!!), car radio and I am forced to listen to KISS on the television as I bought Shawn the KISSology DVD collection for his birthday in February - nope, he's not tired of it yet!!!
1.What’s your best feature? I think that my hair, my lips and my eyes are but Shawnie is a T & A man, so he may disagree!!
2.Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Hmnn, well wisdom teeth and I thought my heart for a while when this wait started to be extended - that was ripped, not removed :)
3.Which of your five senses do you think is keenest? Have to be smell as Shawn thinks that I am deaf in one ear as I Zone Out alot. I also like the 6th sense
1.If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Tricky question. Yes, because I would want to do EVERYTHING and see EVERYONE before I died but No, because then I might get depressed if it is too soon and I won't see my daughter grow up!!!
2. Is love for real? Of course it is. Everyone loves someone or something in their lives. Love is part of being a human being - causing great joy and great sorrow at times. As the Beatles say "All you need is Love" and I truly believe this because once you have love in your life, anything is possible!!!
3.If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? I changed it to Isabel when I was little but I have grown into my name now.
4. Have you ever saved someone’s life? Yep, I work in the health care industry with seniors and there have been times. I have done the Heimlich a few times as well as assisted when people have fallen, had strokes etc.
5. Has someone ever saved yours? Not yet but I am hoping that someone would!!!
1. Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000? For that kind of money, sure thing!!!
2.Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100? Now that was an easy $100.
3. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000? Depends how desperate for money I would be at the time!!
4. Would you never blog again for $50,000? You had better believe it!! Wouldn't stop reading and commenting though!!
5. Would you pose nude in a magazine for $250,000? Tough question. Depends who the audience was - would they see my face or just my tush!!!
6.Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1,000? Oh yea.
7. Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000? But of course!!
1. What is in your left pocket? I am in my LaSenza Chickie nightie, no pockets, sorry.
2. Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie? Hm. I didn't really get it but the talent scene was hilarious.
3. Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house? we have laminate "wood" - hey it is a condo and I am frugal, what can I say!!
4. Do you sit or stand in the shower? Stand. Love my huge Rain Shower head.
5. Could you live with roommates? Yep, did quite a bit in University - it was such a party!!!
6. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? One pair with big flowers on the toes!!!
7. When was the last time you had a run-in with the cops? A Ride program last year!! They always think that Shawn is an actor as we have so much of filming going on here. Too funny!!!
8. What do you want to be when you grow up? Why would I want to grow up????
9. Last friend you talked to? Shawn
10. Last person you called? Colleen
1. First place you went this morning? Umn, to the Loo, then back to bed to read and cuddle with the kitty.
2. What can you not wait to do? GO TO CHINA AND MEET ISABEL!!!!!!!!!!
3. What’s the last movie you saw? Homefries on DIVA. Love Drew Barrymore!!! Friends have said that Shawn and I resemble Drew and Adam in "The Wedding Singer" but I think that Shawn is much cuter than Adam!!!
Ok, so there you have it. More silly info about me and mine. Hope that all the Canadians had a great May "Two-Four"!! Well, at least for those of you in Ontario. Out here in BC it is "Victoria Day" without the fireworks :(, only parades. Ah the memories of campsites, cold mornings, wet tents, soggy cases of beer (or boxes of wine in my case) and friends. What a life.
This weekend, Shawn and I went shopping for fabric for Isabel, a new shower door and our secret pal. I then prepared all the the squares for Isabel's quilt that I have received, baked Gluten-Free chocolate chip cookies, prepared squares for another quilt I am making and cut out dress patterns to make Isabel dresses. What a difference!!! I guess when you hit 35, your party days are over - here comes domesticity!!!! But, I still love my wine - but not from a box these days!!
PS: If anyone wants to trade squares, email me and I would love to trade. I want to make Isabel a smaller quilt too, so I am still looking for squares. For those FAMILY MEMBERS who haven't sent them yet and you know who you are - I NEED your squares in the next few weeks as I want to get started piecing it together!!!
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
The other reason I am having a few tears is the lovely Mother's Day card and necklace that my pal sent. It is so very beautiful and her words in the card "The truth is that you are a Mom to a little Isabel who is waiting for you in China" brought me to tears. I could hardly read the rest but the words "P.S. your gift is the Chinese symbol for Mother - Wear it Proud" really made me weep. I will "Wear it Proud"!!!! You are an amazing person and I appreciate all of your thoughts and gifts sooo very much. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, May 13, 2007
So, although today was a difficult one because we are still waiting (and thought that this year we would have Isabel with us), I have to say "Happy Mother's Day" to all the Mom's and Waiting Mom's that I know. On one of my yahoo groups a gal wrote that we should all enjoy this year because next year we will be chasing our little ones around, sleep deprived and happy. Ahhh, I sure hope so!!! Big hugs to all and especially to Dolores who is having an especially difficult day.
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
So, I was thinking of a variety of posts in the last few days about May. It is such a difficult month because we remember our little kitty who died two years ago of cancer (we still miss her soo very much) and it is another Mother's Day without any thoughts of when we can celebrate this day. I am not sure how to deal with this day this year. Last year I had hope because we were just given our LID date and it felt like things were starting to move in the right direction. This year, well, our referral seems so far away that I think we might go through another Mother's Day/Father's Day next year without a child in our family. I am usually not so down but my job has been exceptionally challenging these last few weeks and promises not to get any better in the next month. I know that I should put my head down and focus on the work ahead to try and "forget" what is happening in our adoption but that too is a challenge. Ah well, as Jan on my Marching Panda site always says, every day is one day closer to our children. My hope of an autumn referral has gone out the window!!!
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Monday, April 23, 2007
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Monday, April 16, 2007
We just arrived home from the incredible Seido-en on Saltspring Island. It is a wonderful place and the time we spent there was rejuvenating. Camie had a fabulous time too as our "old girl" joined us on our weekend away (we can't leave her home alone any longer). She made herself at home immediately and meowed all the way home today - the slate floors are heated - need I say more!! As for Shawn and I, we partook in the hot tub many, many times and enjoyed an absolutely beautiful day yesterday on the outside patio. Camie prowled around but we had to bring her in when she started to eat grass. She is amazing for a 19 year old kitty but she doesn't have the teeth for this any longer. We were also visited by three deer, a humming bird and a variety of little song birds. It is so peaceful and quiet in the Japanese forest house. Well, off to unpack and try to get used to the noises of the city again!!
Monday, April 09, 2007
Friday, April 06, 2007
After Maryellen's suggestion, I went and updated this with the subtitles - she's right, it is even funnier!!!!!!
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Usually, I can just avoid the holding while oogling the new little one but today, they tried to put him in my arms. Yikes!!! Another staff member said "I thought for sure you would be the first one to want to hold him." Just another instance of people not having any clue what it is like to wait literally for years to have a family!! Just had to vent.
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Yes it has been 13 months today. How many more to go? Who knows but I am betting 6. I am kind of a betting gal - I have gone to the Casino a few times (with work) and one day I made $11.00 from only playing a quarter. Not bad odds!! I must have a little of that genetic luck of the Irish!! I don't really know other people with the same LID as we have - it is not a common one but happy LIDversary to anyone who is sharing this ride with us!!! 13 GLORIOUS months a ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Friday, March 30, 2007
1. Where/How did you meet? I was 15, he was 18 and we were working together in one of my Mom's "Christmas" stores - his big brother was my Mom's right hand man. Shawn says that he fell in love with me when he first saw me because I looked like an "angel" (it was a dark store and I was at the back, with a light behind my blond hair). We ALWAYS had a real connection/attraction but he was just too old for me, played guitar in a punk band, had HUGE hair (the 80's)and was very mysterious!!
2. How long have you known each other? 22 years
3. How long after you met did you start dating? 4 years - when I was 19 and home from University for the holidays, he asked me out (I thought that we were going to a movie with "everyone" but it turned out to be the two of us!!!) and that was it!!!
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 2 years (the 1st time Shawn asked I was only 18 and said no but I said yes 3 years later!!)
5. How long was your engagement? 8 years (had to be sure!!!)
6. How long have you been married? 8 years
7. What is your anniversary? January 30th at 7:45 pm. We were married on the upside of the clock as it is good luck (Chinese custom).
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? 90 it was small, intimate and we had an open bar!!
9. What kind of cake did you serve? Traditional Caribbean Rum Cake in three different sizes with a marzipan then fondant. It was on three different stands and beautifully decorated with flowers, lights and fabric.
10. Where was your wedding? London Civic Centre in the Solarium, beside the little pond, amongst the flowers.
11. What did you serve for your meal? We had 5 different h'ordeurves served by the staff with a champagne cocktail and then an Italian themed buffet with a Chef preparing individual pasta sauces and dishes.
12. How many people were in your wedding party? 4 groomsmen and 1 bridesmaid, flower girl and ring bearer.
13. Are you still friends with them all? They are our brothers and sister. The flower girl is my Mom's close friend's daughter who now babysits my nephews and our little ring bearer nephew is almost 6ft tall!!
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? yes - he NEVER cries so he had EVERYONE crying except me, I was giggling
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? When my FIL took me aside and said "now I have my daughter". Oh yes and when we kissed and everyone gave big cheers, yelling FINALLY!!!
16.Any funny moments? When my 25 year old step-brother (who has severe brain damage from Epilepsy) got mad at having to stand around for so long during the ceremony, yelled "Jesus Christ" really loudly then stomped all the way up the winding wooden ramp as his companion took him out of the garden area. My sister and I were hysterical!!
17. Any big disasters? Shawn was REALLY sick and his Aunties kept telling me I needed to take him home. He is green in our photos!!!
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Wikkaninish Inn,
19. How long were you gone? 7 longest days of my life. Shawn spent the week in bed fighting the flu while I was so thankful that we had a spa and the movie channels in our little cabin!!
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I would have a mother who behaved and a groom who wasn't falling over with the flu!!
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? Right
22. What size is your bed? queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple? We are still in love with each other after all of these years. We support one another through all of our ups and downs. We respect each other and laugh together.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Our families .
25. Who literally pays the bills? Me
26. What is your song? "Wonderful Tonight" (Shawn actually sang it on a CBC station for a valentine's contest and they played it on my 30th bday!!) and "Moondance" (after we made it to a VM concert for the encore at the EX in TO - don't ask but it was a CRAZY trip- and we looked up and saw the full moon rising while VM sang - too romantic!!!)
27. What did you dance your first dance to? Some song in a club - neither of us can remember. We do remember the DJ announcing over the loud speaker that we needed to get a room though!!!!
28. Describe your wedding dress: The top was deep blue velvet with a V neckline and flowing sleeves so that my "borrowed" gold, ruby and diamond necklace would show. The rest of the dress was a brocade cream coloured cotton.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Red and black velvet looking roses in our bouquets and our hair (the girls) with white freesia, lavender and greenery.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? Nope
31. How old were you when you got married? 28 and 31
There, more than you ever wanted to know!!!!!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
1. YOUR REAL NAME:Kristine
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (first three letters of your name, plus izzle)Kriizzle
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three of your last) Kdos
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (fav color and fav animal)Pink Kitty
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, Street you live on) Isabel Quadra
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, first 3 letters of mom’s maiden name) Doskrsha
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (favorite color, favorite drink) Pinky Tea
8. YOUR WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother & father’s middle name) Ann Dale
I am still so happy that we are organizing for Isabel!! Today someone asked me how far along we were and I took Shannon's advice and told the person that we were happily almost thirteen months "paper" pregnant with about eight months to go!! It was great and we started talking about baby paraphernalia!! Too fun!!!