Sunday, September 09, 2007

A Few Thoughts...

I have been hearing a number of stories of loss recently in the adoption community. People have lost family members, furbabies and friends that they hoped would have been part of their new child's life. I think this is the real tragedy of our wait for our children. One of the gals in my DTC group lost her Grandmother recently and I shed a few tears reading her words. I remember when my Grandma S died (ten years ago today!!) and I was devastated that she would never know my children. I know that her death put my life into fast forward!! We started to plan our wedding, children and our life in BC. I was so sad when my Grandma C died a year later and missed our wedding by a few months. It was so VERY hard. With Camie our kitty, being 19 years old, I am worried about how a little child will interact with her (she is fragile) but then I worry more that we will lose her and be dealing with grief when we meet Isabel!! I only wish that we had the power to pur our wait into "fast forward" now!!! As we wait, life continues and even though I know that we have no control, I still feel so very sad to think of all of the special people and animals in our lives that won't have a chance to meet our darling children.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a thought provoking post. I wish I could fast forward our wait as well. Praying for all those who have suffered a lost

Rhonda said...

Beautifully said.

Headmeister said...

So true... When we were planning our wedding, we chose not to have a video of the day. Then I read about a woman who decided to have video at the last minute and was so glad she had, because her grandmother died only a few months later (unexpectedly) and that was the last video anyone had of her. I quickly found a company to video our wedding with only a few weeks to spare.

It's sad to see this happening... let's hope it speeds up...

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I haven't really thought of that aspect a whole lot- it's just too hard to think of those who might be gone by the time we get our daughter.