Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The last of the renos...

This past year, to take up the time during the wait, we have renovated our condo. New floors throughout, new baseboards, new kitchen counter top, new appliances, a few pieces of new furniture, new paint and new wooden blinds. Tomorrow we are entering the last phase, we are painting our bedroom, walk in closet and en suite bathroom. We are also rearranging our bedroom so that Isabel's crib will fit beside our bed and my Grandma S's rocking chair/ancient lazyboy, will have room. My Grandma rocked all of us in that chair and I hope to someday, rock my little girl to sleep there too. My friend Kathy gave me the most beautiful ivory fabric that has the pattern of roses all over it and the chair is out being recovered in this as I write this. I will post a picture of our room when we are done.

I decided to post this update because this blog is a record of our wait for Isabel and all of the things that we are doing to prepare for her. When the last referral batch came out, it shocked me to the core and I just couldn't bear to write about or contemplate our life with our daughter. As many people are writing right now, the wait is indescribable unless you are in the thick of it. I am a very patient person and I do believe that things happen for a reason and because of that, I do wonder if having our own children is something that will happen for Shawn and I. In saying this, I am not looking for empathy but wondering if the program is going to end before we get to China and if it does, do we have the emotional strength to follow a path to another country. So hard to know. Oh well, we continue on and hope that the referrals next month will be good news. Cheers, and thanks for all of your kind words and emails.

6 comments:

TBG Happenings said...

I hate that the wait is so long.....

Catherine said...

The long is hard but I still believe with my whole heart it will happen and since my LID is a few weeks behind you that means you go too! :o)

Looking forward to seeing pics of the resdo.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I WANT PICTURES!!!! :-)

And I know what you mean- I've been so scared that the program will close.

t~ said...

Glad you've had the reno's going on to help pass some time.

The thought of the China program closing b4 we get there is something that goes thru my head daily. I pray it won't happen, but the whole program is so shakey right now. I just don't know how I would handle that....

D & S said...

The wait sucks, there's no other words for it. I believe that renovations help because you can fully take out your frustrations during the demolition. I'm getting the itch again to do a bathroom...

Michelle said...

You will get a referral, and you are getting much closer! I will pray there are more days referred this month!!!