Monday, February 25, 2008

Waiting...

I found this through a link and just wanted to share:

I Will Wait for You...


"I know how difficult it is for you while you wait for me, because I have been waiting, too. I have waited to be held, to be fed, to be loved. I have found comfort in those who have been caring for me, and in those I have come to call my friend.

Do not feel saddened, for this is the only life that I have known. I have adapted. I know of no other way to spend my day. I am content, because I know not of what I might be missing.

As you await the sound of my laughter, I carry on, learning every day. From friends, and caretakers. Because I am not alone, I wait my turn, learning patience and enjoying every moment that comes my way.

Some friends are no longer here, so I make new friends. We keep each other company.

The day will come when your waiting will finally be over, as will mine. When that day arrives, my friends will need to make a new friend, as I will no longer be there. I will discover a life that I never knew existed. I might seem frightened at first, but once again I will quickly adapt and realize that my waiting to be held, to be fed, to be loved is over. I will be cared for like never before. I will learn so many new things.

I will have a forever family!


Until that day, I will be content to live the only life that I have known, and to spend time with my friends. Waiting ...

I will be here for you when your waiting has finally ended. You will hear my laughter and I will feel your loving touch. And we will both be content with the new life that we will share, together ... "
Still waiting for our little:

2 comments:

t~ said...

I love that. It's perfect.

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing! It is beautiful. Thanks for allowing me to post it on our blog. :)