Thursday, January 22, 2009

Can't sleep...

"Of all the soft, delicious functions of nature this is the chiefest; what a happiness it is to man, when the anxieties and passions of the day are over."-Laurence Sterne (1713-1768) My message from my Daily Wisdom today.

Then why can't I do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I toss and turn and dream all night long. I dreamt of my kitty Rhiannon last night and all of her snuggles - it was wonderful but it just reminded me of how much I miss her. Oh well. Sad with the sweet...

I know that the main reason we/I can't sleep (as Shawn is doing the same thing) is that we will be seeing the photo of our child in the next week. The RQ has reported that packages are in the air!!!! For us it means that it has to go through the Ministry and then to our two agencies which do the translating and then presenting. I have been ASSURED that they don't "sit on" the proposals because they are a priority!! Thank goodness but at least after 4 years in the process I have WAY more information and know who to bug the hell out of to make sure that things don't "sit" like our dossier did.

So we are sitting tight, buckling up our seat belts and reading ourselves for take off!!!!! I think we are in for a bumpy ride!!!

Oh and Colleen, thanks for a fabulous weekend and Isabel's dolly. I can't get over her face. She is sitting in a green chair by the fireplace waiting as we all are... Shawn says that he was just joking about the purple hair, he thinks that we will have loads of fun colouring Isabel's hair!!!!!! Too funny!!!

7 comments:

Red Sand said...

As per the latest on RQ, phone calls are happening. Your turn has come!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

sooooo excited for you

4D said...

Yippee!!!!!!!!!

Keep smilin!

Johnny said...

Holy-Moly. Since y'all don't post your LID out in your blog, I didn't know you were up next.

[insert some KISS song title here!]

D & S said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait till you get your news.

Tao's Mommy said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! It is YOUR turn!!!! Seeing your little girls face for the 1st time is the greatest feeling in the world.....then it will be once you hold her in your arms!!!

A Beautiful Mess said...

I am so excited! I feel like an auntie in the waiting room:)

Enjoy this magical moment!