Saturday, May 27, 2006

The First Butterfly kiss...



When I was a little girl, my Mom and Dad always said goodnight with a hug, kiss and a butterfly kiss. This is where you place your eyelashes on the cheek of the other person then open and close your eyes. We also gave "Eskimo Kisses" which I would now call Inuit kisses where you rubbed noses with the people you love. I decided to call this blog "Butterfly Kisses and 100 Good Wishes" because I can't wait to have that special time with our daughter to say goodnight with butterfly kisses under her 100 Good Wishes quilt that I am starting to plan and think about. I have read everywhere that ladybugs are a sign of good luck and believe me, with an LID of 03/01/06, I am keeping my eyes open but butterflies have always been my favorite. I love the fact that they start out as little caterpillars then cocoon themselves to break out as amazing butterflies. My husband and I feel that this is an apt analogy to adoption. You start out crawling with all of the paperwork, you cocoon yourself to get through the waiting and end up flying high with a new, beautiful child. In our minds, it is an incredible metamorphosis. So, to pass through this stage, the cocoon, we will post our thoughts as they come.

No comments: