Saturday, December 16, 2006

New Restrictions/ Guidelines...

I am a little worried for a few reasons regarding these new restrictions. We fit all of the proposed guidelines but the health requirements are a worry. I don't really want to go into the details but suffice it to say, we may have to look at a different country if this rumour is true: those who have LID's but have not made it through the review room are subject to these new rules. I have emailed our agency and hope to hear something soon. When I told Shawn about all of this he said "There is an old story that tells of a prophecy that told farmers that the crop in the coming year would be destroyed by drought and pests. The people of the village would then die of starvation. So, the farmers didn't plant the fields and the people died of starvation." In other words, listening to rumours, worrying and making decisions on "predictions" can lead to bad decision making with disastrous results. So, we will sit tight and wait for our agency to give us their take on our situation. Any suggestions for different countries?

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

I don't believe, at this point, you will have anything to worry about. I've been told no worries if already logged in by my agency and I'm stickin' to it!

Hang on girl...we've come too far!

Anonymous said...

I believe the way the CCAA has always worked is that they've "honored" people under the old rules. I think this rumor was just started by someone's personal fears.

My logic says if that were the case, then EVERY dossier would be thrown into chaos as they would have to re-examine every file.

With the new rule, they're making the agencies (in 2007) do most of the pre-screening for them.

Johnny
downtothis (blogger burping on comments)

Anonymous said...

I believe the way the CCAA has always worked is that they've "honored" people under the old rules. I think this rumor was just started by someone's personal fears.

TBG Happenings said...

Shawn is a smart man! Our agency is telling us that these rules will apply to those logged in after
May 1, 2007. The CCAA has not made a statement yet, but I agree with Connie, those logged in don't have anything to worry about.

Hang in there!

Tao's Mommy said...

No worries girl!! You just keep focused on "CHINA", and one day soon you will be packing your bag and heading to China to get your daughter. Enjoy the holidays and keep your chin up!!!

~~HUGS~~