Saturday, April 21, 2007

Thanks Sam!!!

I had just the worst week at work. It was difficult in so many ways that I can't even explain them all. In the end though, last night as I was speaking to my boss, she thanked me for everything that I had accomplished. She said that she really appreciated all of the effort I had put into the huge special events, staffing difficulties and co-worker conflicts this past week. Needless to say, these were the huge challenges - there were so many little ones too!!! The best news is that we have gone from the strike vote results to mediation this past week which is a great step forward. Sometimes being part of the management team is really a drag!!!!!! So, when a special package arrived from Samantha I was thrilled. As you can see from the picture, it was a care package with "Kristine" written all over it (that's what Shawn said anyway!!). The tea is really lovely and I am enjoying a cup as I write this. The chocolate - well what can I say - FABULOUS. This is my special Japanese teapot which brews the best tea ever so I had to use it for this very special tea!!! Yes, I have a number of teapots and a tea cupboard. Love my tea!!!
In this photo I also included the box with all of the great "Year of the Pig" stamps on it!!! When Shawn picked it up, our post office gal said "hope you like stamps!!!" Shawn laughed and said that there was a special reason for them!! So, thanks again Sam for this pick me up just when I needed it. You are a REAL pal!!!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a wonderful ending to a hectic time at work. A well deserved suprise of goodies. Enjoy!

Red Sand said...

It was my pleasure. Those chaos work weeks can drag you down. I hope the mediation works and everything smooths out again.

Btw, don't those stamps go nicely with the black box? I loved how the colours stood out... ;-)

Kayce said...

Yucky week...good friend! Hope the next week is better!

D & S said...

I can relate to the horrible week at work, it was the same story here. I'm glad that you had something to make things better in the end.

Here's to a better week next week.

4D said...

What a wonderful surprise!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the tea pot. But then, I'm a tea granny myself....

Janet T.