Tuesday, December 18, 2007

'Tis the season...

I don't know if it is the season, SAD or what but I feel like crying all the time these days. I spearheaded a drive for toys and food this year as I do every year at work. Well, I took everything down to the food bank today and cried all the way back to work. Those fellas down there were so THANKFUL for a few boxes of goodies. It broke my heart that these fellows who have disabilities were so excited and took their jobs so seriously. It really made me think...
I received a loverly package from Sam today. As you can see from the picture, she sent the NEATEST gingerbread house that will keep until next Christmas. I love the Angel, kisses and hot chocolate with the beautiful spoon!! Thanks so much Sam, for the pick me up. It is so exciting to receive your thoughtful gifts. Shawn wondered where the tea was but then he saw the hot chocolate and determined that it was a great choice for Christmas.
Speaking of my wonderful husband, he dressed up as Santa and gave out presents to the little ones and a few older ones at a dinner party tonight for one of my colleagues. What a guy!!! The second picture is a dollhouse that one of my residents was making but gave up on. He was kind enough to GIVE it to me for Isabel. We still have lots of work to do on it but I came home the other night and Shawn had strung all of these lights on Isabel's house. Isn't it pretty!! I love the Chinese doll that I found at the VV Boutique. She is holding a pretty ribbon ornament that we bought for Isabel in Chinatown. They have had them for years and now all of a sudden, they are almost sold out so we had to get it. We will put it on the tree next year... maybe...
Oh, and I was thinking that we are going to celebrate our 22nd month of waiting on New Year's Day. You are supposed to do things on that day that you would LIKE to do for the rest of the coming year. I don't want to WAIT patiently another year, celebrating yet again, another long month of waiting. YIKES!!! Any ideas on how to change our luck here?!?

3 comments:

Red Sand said...

I'm so glad the package arrived before Christmas - I wasn't sure if it would at this time of year! That's a beautiful house - Isabel is one lucky girl! Big hugs.

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

The weekend that just passed I also had a few days of the “gloomies”. I could cry at the drop of a dime and once I was started I couldn’t stop. Sometimes it is hard to look on the positive side of things but just know you are not alone. Keep your chin up, every day you are getting closer!

Beautiful Chinese doll! Fun gifts! Hey, take a dose of the chocolate kisses & hot chocolate and you should feel better in no time!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That dollhouse! Oh, I LOVE IT!

I really hope that you're feeling better soon.