Sunday, January 27, 2008

It feels so good to...

skate, swim, play a little basketball and go for a walk. We had my girlfriend's eight year old for his "birthday" weekend and we did all of these things as well as the movie and video game thing. It felt great and although my right bicep is a little sore (he isn't the best skater so I was holding on very tight), it was super to get out and do something!!
The three of us went over to the neighborhood court at the rec centre this morning and played basketball in the freezing cold : 3 celcius!!! We taught him how to do a layup and how to throw the ball properly. So much fun!! I can't wait until Isabel is old enough to do these things with. I find that with my family and friend's kids, you can have alot of fun doing physical activities until they are around 11-12 - then its the "cool" factor kicking in.
I just wanted to record this here so that I can remember what a great weekend we had with Jaspar and how much fun it is to hang around with the kids!!!

2 comments:

D & S said...

Three degrees is downright balmy! I'm glad you had a good time and lots of fun.

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

I love hanging out with my niece, we always have a great time together. Glad to hear you had a good weekend.

Smiles! :o)
Nikki