Saturday, January 05, 2008

One week ago today...

we made a very difficult choice (in retrospect we do believe that she was ready to go, we just couldn't face it at the time). It has been a tough week but going back to work really helped. We also moved the furniture around, took out the rugs that we were never able to put down and took all of the "protective" coverings off of the furniture. I have to say that all of the calls, emails and support that we have been given through this time has really been thoughtful and kind. I also have to mention that Shawn is the most wonderful person and his martini making skills have been put into practice a few times this past week. Thank you darling. I love you.
This week was also our 22nd month of waiting since LID and the new referrals came in to Dec. 19, 2005. What can we do but wait. I have been in contact with both of our agencies and basically they told us that it wouldn't make sense to make big changes now because of where we are in line. Just to clarify, we have two agencies - one that is in town, takes care of the paperwork etc and the second, FOI who is our China facilitator. When I spoke to our social worker to do our homestudy update, she said that she had heard two years from FOI so our referral should be coming soon!! Needless to say, I enlightened her. The information that is coming through loud and clear is that no one knows what the future will hold yet they do think that we should hold tight for now. Who knows. I keep thinking of this psychic reading that I had from one of my Mom's friends when I was 10 or 11. She told me by reading my palm that I wouldn't have children. Who knows!!!!
Again, thanks for the support. We still REALLY miss our girl but each day gets a little better. Cheers, Kristine

8 comments:

Red Sand said...

I think a lot of us are in that "what do we do" mood, so thank you for sharing the advice that you received. It's so impossibly hard to know what to do.

Rhonda said...

Wishing you happy 22 month LIDiversary seems so silly with the wait being what it is... *sigh*

t~ said...

Happy (?) 22 months down towards the constant moving target....

D & S said...

Happy 22 months. That just doesn't seem right to say.

C's Mom said...

Still thinking of you.

Twenty-two less...I wish I knew 'than what?'

Kayce said...

Happy 22...keep the faith is all I can say.

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Stay strong girl. 22 months behind you is better than where I am right now. I know it has been a very long wait for you but you really are getting closer to your miracle. (((HUGS)))

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

4D said...

Big hugs to you both.