Sunday, October 01, 2006

7 months today

The old British tune "Twenty-one Today" is running through my head as I write this. Yes, our LID is 7 months old today. Seems like I was just writing the 6 month anniversary post. It has been a very busy month for both of us at work - tons of overtime for Shawn and tons of extra responsibilities for me. When you are a Director on salary, boy they can take advantage!! Anyway, I am off for a nice long walk to the library and Shawn is working today so no celebrations this month. We waited and waited to hit that six month point and now it seems that it is not as exciting. I think the rumour (AND it IS just a rumour) yesterday of the wait going to 24 months in the next year really was a downer. As I have said numerous times before, it is so difficult for those of us used to having control over our lives to go through this process.
I have read other bloggers who have written that people have started to question whether or not they are actually adopting and last week I experienced just that. A woman I work with asked me what was going on, shouldn't I have a baby by now, its been a while. I went through the whole rig-a-marole explanation. Yuck.
In other news, Colleen and Bob welcomed their fourth son Frederick Spence, into their family on the 29th at 5:30 pm. Congratulations on your new addition!!!

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

We gotta be halfway there!

TBG Happenings said...

That rumor just about did me in!! I can't possibly be that long! Hang in there.....there will be a new rumor next week. ( I think the CCAA is closed this week for the moon festival and China's national day). Have a good week :)

M

Tao's Mommy said...

WOW...7 MONTHS!!! Happy LID ANNIVERSARY!! You are getting so close...over that HUMP!!!
Keep smilin..
~~HUGS~~