Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hello Again!!!

I can't believe that I haven't posted for two weeks!! We have been so very busy with a house full of guests. I had this past week off from work and we travelled (with Camie of course) up island to Parksville and enjoyed every minute swimming in the ocean, playing on the beach, visiting
Cathedral Grove, hanging out on our ocean view hotel room balconies and visiting Gary at his campsite at Rathtrevor Beach. I don't have pictures yet but it was a great week and even Camie enjoyed the air conditioned suite as we have had some hot weather here on the West Coast.
Ah, this is the life. Both of my parents are/were teachers and I never understood that people actually went to work in the summer. My Dad coached all of our sports teams, we went sailing, to the cottage and visited friends and family all summer long. It was a great childhood but it was very difficult to get my mind around that fact that you have to work at your full time job in the summer!!! Even though intellectually I know that most people do, it just doesn't feel right to get up and go to work on hot summer days!!! This is actually, the first time I have had a week off in the summer for oh, 22 years so I have worked all summer long since I was a teenager but it is still strange!!! So, hope that everyone is enjoying their summer - especially you teachers who really deserve the time away!!!

4 comments:

4D said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation!

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all those places! Cathedral Grove is so beautiful, Parksville- what a lovely place! And I have very special memories from Rath Trevor Beach from when we were first married. We spent the day there, just walking the beach. I loved every minute of it.

Elizabeth said...

Cathedral grove is so spiritual and awe inspiring. I love it there.

D & S said...

Sounds like you have been enjoying your summer and that's all that really matters. Sounds like a lot of fun, I'll have to make it out there one day.