Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summer is zooming by...

Just wondering if others are feeling this way? So many times I have blog posts rolling around in my head but I never seem to have the time to write anything!! Summer is just zooming by and I feel as though it hasn't even started yet!!!!! For posterity, I thought that I should list what has happened in our small little world so far..

1.We have had tons of fun with friends and family. It has been a crazy time of visiting, holidaying and exploring our Island home.
2. Our very dear friend's granddaughter was shot a week ago in Winnipeg outside of a club while waiting for a cab with her girlfriends after a birthday party. She is recuperating and coming home to Vancouver this weekend. You never think that these things will happen to people that you know and love!!!
3. The last H. Potter book arrived here on Friday from Amazon and it has been hard to take my nose out of it to spend time with anyone. Yesterday, they all went hiking and I took my chair and sat at the beach and read... As my 6 1/2 year old friend Baxter said "Don't read it too fast Kristine, then you will be sorry you have finished it!! I feel that way about most of the books that I read!!" He also informed me that I missed out on climbing the magical mountain because I decided to read instead. What was I thinking!!Ah, out of the mouths of babes!!
4. The H. Potter movie "Order of the Phoenix" came out and we went. I will have to see it a second time to really give an opinion.
5. We almost bought a new townhouse condo but didn't move fast enough... the market here is CRAZY expensive...I have to get used to the fact that unless I want to live in the suburbs, we will be staying put...

AND our little nephew Blake turned TWO today!!! Happy birthday to one of the cutest little guys we know!! Wish we had been there to help celebrate but it sounded as though Blake and Brett were having a good time when we called!!

So, August is on the horizon and the sun is setting at 9:30 instead of 10:00. Soon enough, we will have 17 months of official waiting under our belts and referral should come soon too... Here's hoping we have our daughter to enjoy the summer with next year. Off to watch "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" while we eat Shawn's famous chicken wings...Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

We just got the new Potter book from my cousin today and my hubby STOLE it because, as he puts it, "I'm already reading a different one..." SO WHAT? What a turkey! :-)

Unknown said...

What a summer! Hope you have time to soak it in and your family has been busy!

4D said...

That is what summer is supposed to be...living and enjoying.

Happy Birthday Blake!

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

I finished Harry Potter in one day. I didn't want anyone telling me anything. I now can't believe it's over, I'm so sad!

Happy birthday Blake! Hope you had a grand time.

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh, I am so embarassed! She has the same name and lives on the island too.......wooooops!