Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thanks Sam!!!!

Well, I know that everyone says this but the best part of this wait are the great people that you "meet" through groups and blogging. My Feb DTC pal Sam is one of those people. She has sent me so many little goodies along the way and yesterday, a package with dark chocolate, some pretty candles and a great cd, came my way. I can't tell you how it brightened an otherwise dreary day!!!!! Oh yes, if you do visit Sam today her first attempt at a poem, "Ode to a Pooper Scooper" is hysterical!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!
I guess I am feeling a little sad because our friends have returned to Ontario and we have returned to work after a fabulous holiday with them. It was great!! We went to all of the places that I mentioned in my last post as well as visiting Colleen, Bob and the kids on Saltspring Island for a day. There is NOTHING like a BBQ and swimming in an Island lake!! Thanks guys for having us!!
I am also feeling sad because the kids are gone. Rachael is six and Andrew is eight. They are wonderful kids and we had so much fun together. Rachael spent her last night here dressed in my purple wig and vampire costume along with the teeth. She is hilarious!! I had to give her the glow in the dark teeth to take home - she spent hours in the bathroom with them!!! I guess having the kids here, even when they were fighting and driving their parents crazy, really reminded me that we want a family too and it has just been such a long wait to have one. People who are adopting for the first time have usually been waiting alot longer than the published wait times and it is now eight years for us with only 16 months of this being in line for China. I was looking at the kids thinking that if we had been able to have our own, our children would have been just a little younger than Andrew and Rachael. Oh well. Yikes, late for work but thanks again Sam for brightening my day as you always do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

How sweet of Sam! I think people should send me presents too. Everyone. And lots of 'em. :-)

One day you WILL have that dream. Hang on to it, okay?

Red Sand said...

Hey hon - glad it got there! Did the candles break? I had a sneaking suspicion that they might snap as I pushed them through the little Canada Post slot... I found you something in Winnipeg too, but that'll have to wait until next month.

Elizabeth said...

The wait is very painfully long. And it does feel like it will never ever happen. Butit does, and it will. And then afterwards it will have ben all worth it. I can say this as a BTDT woman. Hang in there my BC friend.
PS I would love to vacation on a Gulf Island, it sounds just divine.

D & S said...

I'm glad that you had a good time with your friends.

Having the time to meet our bloggy friends is the only good thing about this wait.

Kelly said...

Bloggy buddies are the best! :) It sounds like your SP is a wonderful woman! While the wait is horrible, it is things like this that make it so bearbale!