Monday, August 20, 2007

Red Thread Moments...

Ok, so I have had many red thread moments this past week and weekend. I don't want to list everything on the blog but there have been some amazing things happening in our little world. I am thinking and hoping that Isabel has been born and that she is being cared for!! As I keep saying, the timing would be right for a referral in February or March 2008. We just want to go to China and return before the Olympics!!!!!

I spent the weekend with our seven year old friend Baxter, his Dad and my sewing machine. A very busy weekend but I was able to organize, sort and complete many of my sewing projects. I REALLY want to get started on Isabel's quilt but feel like I need to finish the pile of little projects before I start this larger one!!!

We are also going to start moving things around in our house as we found out last week that moving isn't an option we are willing to entertain. I really can't see paying twice the mortgage payment for a larger backyard and a few extra hundred square feet. Housing prices here are crazy and we want to stay downtown so we will pay more. Half a million for a 1500 square foot house and small yard or three bedroom townhouse condo without a yard!! Oh well, Isabel with have to make do with the pool/rec centre and playground two blocks away!!! I love the fact that we can walk down to the inner harbour and enjoy our beautiful city on a summer afternoon/evening. As I always say, c'est la vie!!!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great post...Love your positive attitude

C's Mom said...

Holy smokes! You have some insane housing costs in your area.

Elizabeth said...

I hope that you just felt your baby moving in your heart!
Welcome to the world baby, you have an awesome momma waiting for you....

D & S said...

Yikes! And I thought that housing was crazy here. I have a quilt piece, I'm getting it ready to send over!

Mammarazzi Madness said...

Wow ...the cost are crazy !
Move here with us on the east, it's a lot cheaper (lol)
But then you would have to move the mountains too, huh ?
Good luck on the quilt!
A

Michelle said...

It sounds like you live in a great area!

Yoli said...

I think it is great that you are able to sew. Your little one is going to have wonderful outfits made from her mother's loving hands.

Elizabeth said...

ya a house costs way too much around here. But you (and I) live in beauty. It wont be too hard to 'make do', right?