Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Darling Girl...

also known as Camie - gurl, Rooster (she gets Shawn up every morning at 5 am!!), Lovey girl, sweetie kitty and beautiful doll. She is 19 years old and still going strong. She has a few issues that we tackle with a raw food diet but she is a pretty healthy girl with a few creaks!! She was the tiniest little thing when I first brought her home, she lived in the closet with me at Shawn and Wayne's (don't ask!!!) and moved across our country in the front seat of a Uhaul truck, sitting on a pillow and telling Shawn ALL about his driving!!! Quite the life.

Tonight, Shawn made chicken on the BBQ and we caught her standing on the table, sniffing out the chicken!! What a girl!! She likes to be with us at all times and puts me to bed every night. Yep she does. She comes in, snuggles me and then leaves about 10:30 every night. If I am not in bed by 10:00, the calling starts. Last night we went down to the Ocean and when we came home, she was on her koshie. I told her I was going to bed and she came with me immediately!! Soooo sweet.

She is declawed but still has her back claws so it sounds like she is walking with high heels wherever she goes. I have to say that this suits her. She used to sit in chairs, with her paws hanging over the arms like the queen. Camie is really something!!
Every day when I come home from work, she is on the bed waiting to be picked up and snuggled. Shawn says that she makes her way to the bed from wherever she is in the house, just before I get home. The funny thing is that I have caught her on her way to the bedroom and she gets so mad!!! What a girl!!!! She also sleeps on a pillow above my head every night and gets very upset if I get up in the morning without a cuddle. Yikes!!!

For all of you who know and love our cat who thinks that she is a human (she actually talks on the phone to her Grandma Liz), send her food - that is all she wants. Oh yes, and tons of love and attention.

Happy Birthday Camie gurl - we love you soooooooo very much!!!!!!!

13 comments:

C's Mom said...

Happy Birthday to your kitty girl. She looks fantabulous :0)

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

She is just too cute!!! I love her little cheeks! Happy birthday to your sweet girl. :)

Rhonda said...

Camie is SO cute! Happy birthday (and give her a belly rub for me).

Johnny said...

Wow, what a kitty. It's obvious that you take care of each other pretty well.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Awwwwww......she is so cute. Our cat Heidi puts us to bed too. Every night she comes in for a "visit" before we go to sleep. Oreo just ignores us....:-)

Unknown said...

Shes too pretty...Lovely post!

Red Sand said...

Happy birthday, Camie!

4D said...

Happy Birthday to your sweetie kittie!

How we love our fur babies!

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

Awwww, what a beautiful tribute to an adorable kitty. I get the pet who thinks their human, mine does too.

Happy birthday Camie!

Elizabeth said...

wow. Loved that story. Happy 19 kitty! Tucks you in...you guys are so in tuned. Kitty love, warms my heart.

t~ said...

She sounds like a great friend! Happy birthday to her!

Headmeister said...

Happy birthday to Camie Gurl! Too weird - my sisters cat looks the same and.... HAS THE SAME NAME!

Sorry I don't comment much. I barely have time to shower these days...lol.

Yoli said...

What a cute kitty! She is so fluffy and just kissable!

Yoli