Saturday, June 02, 2007

Guess I had better acknowledge it...

15 months yesterday, CCAA logged in our dossier. 15 months, wow! Thanks for the reminder Sam , I knew it was coming but forgot!! Feels like forever and then it feels like no time at all has passed. Before this month, I was always so hyper-aware that each month was passing, we celebrated and felt that we were one month closer to bringing home our daughter. Now that the wait is extending into infinity (who really knows how long it will get to be), we didn't celebrate, I wasn't hyper-aware and we are trying to forget that yet another summer is passing without a child in our home. Will it be another summer after this one? Who knows. I guess that I am just kind of tired of the monthly referral roller-coaster.
I had to turn down a job offer this week (an unsolicited one ) because of the uncertainty of the referral timeline which will end in a parental leave (we have over 30 weeks in Canada). I just couldn't give them a concrete answer other than "maybe next spring" and we agreed that it would not be beneficial for their clients. This situation is not good for relationship building which is essential in my career. I just don't feel as though I can make a job change even though I REALLY need to, when everything is so uncertain. The only certain thing is the uncertainty!!!
So, I will get excited about these LIDversary's when they actually mean that we are close to our referral. No-one said that adoption would be easy!!!

9 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I know what you mean. I have a hard time celebrating when I really don't know how LLOOOOONNNNNGGG this is going to be.

Elizabeth said...

That sucks about the job. Could you just not tell them? They don't need to know by law. This happend alot in my line of work. Ladies get hired and are already pregnant or get pregnant right afterwards. Can't do anything about it.

Rhonda said...

Well, happy 15 month LIDiversary anyways. ;)

C's Mom said...

Good for 15 down anyhoo...we're getting there.

TBG Happenings said...

I stopped keeping track after we hit the 1 year mark....and even then we didn't celebrate it. It just bums me out so I pretend it isn't even happening:) We will get our perfect little girls at the perfect time. That is what I keep telling myself and I am sticking with it!!

Sorry about the job, I had the same thing come up for me this year.

maryellen

4D said...

Happy 15!!

I have been in the same boat about jobs and it just adds to the yuckiness of it all.

Who knows when but we will make it!

Keep smilin!

Red Sand said...

Sorry if I raised a sore topic. Every day counts, though. The job question is always so frustrating - I'm facing it with relation to taking some violin students and I don't know what I can commit to. I hope that you can find a path that feels right. I'll raise my cup to the thought of greater certainty over the months to come.

D & S said...

I hear ya' about the job situation. You're right, nobody said it would be easy. Happy 15 months, hopefully it won't be too much longer.

t~ said...

Happy 15 months down!