Thursday, February 05, 2009

Kindness...

I arrived home from work today and in the front hall, I found this guy...
Shawn's co-workers got together, had a pizza lunch party, a cake that said "Congratulations to the New Daddy" and bestowed upon him these lovely gifts today. The outfit is adorable and the HUGE stuffed dog is so soft. I can see Isabel using him as a cuddly pillow to lean on and read or sleep or wrestle... The sweetest gift from the guys and gals but such a surprise!!! They wrapped it beautifully and the card was so kind. I am sorry that the photo isn't better (it doesn't do the little outfit justice) but I used Shawn's camera and I am not good at figuring out all of his settings etc.

I also wanted to acknowledge that on the day we received our referral, Colleen, Bob and the boys sent us this beautiful bouquet which is still doing very well. Shirley ran out and found this cute little puppy so as soon as I returned to work that day, Isabel had a little gift!! The beautiful dolly was Isabel's Christmas gift from Colleen.
Thanks to everyone for your kindness. I know people are talking shower but I want to wait until we get home from China. There is just so much to do in the next few weeks. Oh and after lots of research I found that I want to use these gdiapers when we get home - I love the little outerpants (I don't know where to register for these though!!). I hope that she will already be on her way to potty training so these should be great. Cloth diapers were our other option but they are a huge investment if she isn't going to be in diapers very long.

2 comments:

D & S said...

What a cute puppy! It was very sweet of Shawn's co-workers to get the baby a gift. I'm sure Isabel will look adorable in the outfit.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Congrats again! It's so wonderful, after such a long wait, to have so many celebrate with you!

From another Tonggu momma... home since 2005 and waiting again, with a June 06 LID