Friday, February 27, 2009

One more step closer...

Today I spent my last day at work. It was a happy day in many ways and everyone was just wonderful!! They are having a dinner for us tonight which Shirley has arranged and I can't wait to kick back and enjoy it.
My only regret about leaving is missing those that I have worked closely with for the last 10 years. Shirley wouldn't even talk to me today and those of you who know me well, know how hard it was to say goodbye to her because if and when I go back, she will probably not be there. She is an amazing lady and I will so miss our daily laughs and giggles - she and a handful of others have made the last few years there tolerable. Love you guys- you know who you are!!!
I have to say the well wishes from the staff and family members of our residents were just amazing. I want to thank everyone for the hugs and smiles. Jens had all of his staff gather and gave me a lovely gift that he picked out himself!! Our Great Dane went into the baby section!! Wow!! He even made my lunch for me. It really couldn't have been a better day AND the sun is shining!! Oh and Dad, I didn't need the kleenex too much today but I might tonight - hopefully copious amounts of wine will help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are one step closer to our darling girl. May the next week go quickly!!!!!
S0...
2 more weekends, one more Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday before our family day... can't wait. WOOOHOOOO!!!!

1 comment:

Red Sand said...

Happy last day! Keep sharing the joy, please - it helps me keep on going...