Saturday, February 28, 2009

a little worse for wear today...

Had a FABULOUS night last night with the gang from work. The food at M.INGS was super, the company was perfect, the laughter was infectious and the gift of a "Lucky Tree" from everyone was amazing. Let's just say that the red envelopes were "FULL" of exactly what we needed thanks to Shirley!!! Yes, it brought tears to my eyes - it was such a beautifully creative gift that pays homage to Isabel's culture. I really have no words - which if you know me well, is quite a feat!!!
You can also see from the photo the cute little walker that Ricci gave Isabel (her little nephew loves his so she thought Isabel should have one!!), the noisy but cute gum ball machine, Isabel's dolly and the Quatchi that Grandpa and Nana gave her. The Quatchi is one of the mascots for the 2010 Olym.pics which are being held across the water in Vancouver - a neat connection with Isabel being born in the year of the 2008 Olympics. They were going to get her a bear but this guy just had a little more meaning. He is REALLY soft and cuddly too!!!

So after dinner and a few martinis, I said, "so where are we going now!!!" The "martini" girls and I ended up going out except I think that I was the only one having the 'tinis - they were into the other cocktails and wine last night!! I even think I saw a beer or two. It was a blast and I am glad that I am not working today like a few of you are!!!!!!!! Thanks guys - it was a wonderful send off!!! I am going to lie down now...

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

A lucky tree is an awesome gift idea! I love it... next time we plan a shower, we'll do that. Thanks for posting about it.

Red Sand said...

I was wondering how the day after was... sounds like a great night.

Kayce said...

That is the coolest gift idea! Sounds like you had a great night!