Monday, February 02, 2009

Losing my mind...

First, we didn't expect to go to China until the end of April. That is what we were given as an estimate by our agency in January. Last night, Yulin called and asked if we could be ready to go the first week of March. Uh YESSSS!!!! Wow, Alison warned me we may go sooner than they originally told us but I was living in my little "waiting game" bubble!!

So, I have been up all night making lists in my head for work and home as the control freak in me is rearing her ugly head!!! A child will be living here in 7 weeks and luckily we put up her crib on the weekend and started organizing our bedroom and hers... still so much more to do though - I haven't even looked at her clothes, toys and books that are all in storage for at least a year. Oh my!!!

I can't believe that this is actually happening and that we will have our daughter home sooner than later!!!! After essentially "shutting off" my mommy thoughts to survive the long wait, I have to turn them back on and wow, are they rusty!!!!! Does anyone know what a one year old eats? (just kidding!!!)

Going to get ready for work now - only 4 more weeks there after 10 years... another life change is about to happen and we can't be more excited!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fabulous surprise

Red Sand said...

Um. WOW!! Good news to keep me going another few days! Enjoy the preparing!

4D said...

That is great!!!

Keep smilin!

Rhonda said...

Amazing news! I couldn't be happier for you!

Catherine said...

SO excited for you and I have a friend here who's freaking out right along with you! She received her LOA Thursday (after a very early WC referral earlier in Jan) and will be in China when you are! You'll probably be doing the Beijing part of the travel together. I've emailed your blog to her.

Excited for you. Praying for you as it's all happening so quickly!

Norma said...

what an amazing anniversary gift!!!! good old Yulin. I will be in Beijing when you are too!!!

D&LDesigns said...

That's great news!!! Have a great time getting baby's room ready.

Kayce said...

Awesome news!!!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! Great news that you'll be travelling soon! And what about the list for packing the suitcases????
Debbie

ts said...

How very exciting! Nothing beats that rush of love when you see the first photo!

Anonymous said...

See ... I told you! :)
These next few weeks will be crazy ... but will fly by too! Before you know it, you'll have your lil' Tonggu Cutie in your arms! :)
Alison