Friday, September 01, 2006

Our SIX yes SIX month LID anniversary!!!!!!

Yes, it is true. Our dossier has been in China for 6 months now. I have been waiting all week to write this post!!! I can't believe that this used to be the wait time. Wow. When we started this process, we actually thought that we would be getting our referral or that we would be in China by now having a LID in February. However, a person at our local agency dropped the ball and sent our dossier a few weeks after the people in our groups' dossiers went (something about not following up on an issue with us and then going on holiday!!!). With the referral times as they are now, this probably means that we won't be going with the people that we have gotten to know through email. Oh well, we have gotten over that one - just another test in patience.

So, tonight we are going to order in Chinese food, we were going to go out but after putting in a 12 hour day yesterday, I was up until 3 am dealing with a fire alarm malfunction at work and then they woke me up at 6am because they couldn't cover an essential shift. I am REALLY tired after putting in a full day again today!! I HATE being on call and I think that I need to start looking at something different. Oh well, not going to let that dampen my spirits today - just another test in patience!!!

Cheers to all!! We are having a glass of our new favorite wine!!

7 comments:

C's Mom said...

Congrats and enjoy.

My new rule is one glass of w(h)ine for each month LID....wow, we better get our referrals sooner rather than later!!! ;0)

Rhonda said...

Congrats! Hopefully things speed up for all our sakes. :)

t~ said...

Yeah, another month down!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! We are right behind you!!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That is WONDERFUL!!! Happy sixth anniversary. Enjoy that chinese food, have some fat noodles for me.... YUM!!!

Janet T.

Alyson and Ford said...

Congratulations! The time does seem to slow down with the longer wait; and here we are all at 6 months or more. It is a happy time to realize we are 6 months closer.

Yes, a glass of wine is a great way to celebrate; we have been trying several inexpensive Spanish reds - yummy!

Alyson

Tao's Mommy said...

CONGRATS....WOW....6 MONTHS....
Hope you enjoyed your evening!!!

I like Connie's rule....leave it to her.....but I think I will celebrate my LID-Anniversary with beer instead...lol