Saturday, January 06, 2007

CNN- Racism alive and well...

Last night Paula Zahn's program was advertised as a discussion of the new regulations for China Adoptions. Instead, it became a discussion about racism and the guest "panel" actually accused adoptive parents of choosing international Chinese children instead of domestic adoption because of the cute "China Doll's" etc. etc. You can read it all here Transcript. The section that I am speaking about is at the end of the show. If you feel that you would like to, leave a comment in the feedback section. The Rumour Queen (see the left side in the link section to go there) has lots of links to different people to write to about this. I have to say that Shawn and I are just amazed that people still have these types of agendas in the world and it is hard to believe that racism like this is still alive and presented as journalism. It is difficult to write when I am this furious but thanks for letting me say my piece.

6 comments:

TBG Happenings said...

I did not see the show, but read the transcript. Amazing what passes for "news"

Maryellen

Rhonda said...

Lucky me, I got to watch the show twice. Once alone (while I seethed) and then again when Josh came home so I could talk him through the show...

D & S said...

I read the transcripts and couldn't believe what I read. I can't believe these people were actually given a forum to spew their distorted ideas. CNN owes us all apologies.

t~ said...

The whole thing is so horrible. Let's hope that CNN is receiving lots of unhappy messages from the IA community! I sent my thoughts to them.

Tao's Mommy said...

Didnt see it, thank god!! But just hearing about it makes me sick!!

Anonymous said...

I watched both of them and e-mailed them on my feelings. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.