Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm sick!!

I am being a big sick baby here but I have this cough that I can't get rid of. Keeps us up at night (Shawn and Camie can't sleep while I hack up a lung!!) and nothing seems to be working. It started after I was really really sick with a virus after Christmas; I even took 4 days off work which I have NEVER done before!!! So, the reason I am writing this, is to ask if anyone has any suggestions about how to get rid of this cough!! My Grandpa's cure of vicks on the throat/chest with a sock around my neck, while taking a lozenge hasn't even worked this time and it's driving me crazy!! Any thoughts?

7 comments:

4D said...

Poor you! I take a ton of vitamins. It seems to help.

Hope you feel better soon!

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

My mom use to make honey and lemon for us when we were kids and it seemed to help. I've been taking Robitusson just before bed time to help with the sleep.

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Humidifier in your room.
Drink lots of water.
Refrain from talking as much as possible.
Refrain from whispering.
Refrain from drinking caffeine.
These are things my brother recommends when I have problems with coughing or with other throat issues. He's a speech and language pathologist.
Good luck. It's not so much fun is it? Thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTLEY!!!! The best thing I ever used for a cold is "Oregeno Oil" You can get it at any health/vitamin store. You just put a couple drops under your tounge until it burns then spit it out. It really tastes HORRIBLE but it works. There is no medication out there that can compare. I even bought a bottle to bring to China. I bought cold meds to but I just know how good this stuff works.

Hope your better soon!

Deb
(14 more sleeps)

Kristine said...

THANKS!!! Great suggestions- especially about being quiet and drinking lots of water. I have some oregano oil that a friend gave me a while ago that I will try and I have had a cup of lemon and honey that I took my vitamins with. Here's hoping!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I use this great product called COLD FX. It REALLY works, even if you don't believe in it (like me!). Hope you feel better. Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Lemon/honey mix is great, but my cure for a deep cough is hot water with absolutely nothing else in it, over and over again. Trust me, it'll dissolve anything.

Good luck,
Feb DTC Secret Pal