Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thanks for the advice!!!

Thanks everyone. I actually went to the doctor yesterday and I have a mild form of pneumonia so I am home, off of work for the next week. I am watching the view and Barbara Walters just said "I love the child I gave birth to as much as I would if she was adopted!!!" I know that people will rip this to shreds over on APC but really, it was a great comment. It has been our first choice to adopt. Yes, we wanted to try to have birth children and did do some fertility tests and procedures (very limited) when we found we weren't getting pregnant easily but adoption was always our first choice. In university, I took Environmental Philosophy and Environmental Geology at the same time. Quite the mix!!!! I decided at that time to never have any birth children because of the state of our world and Shawn agreed. He was amazed when I mentioned that we might want to "try" and have a birth child. So here we are, part of this great community, waiting for our child, our first choice. I want to state this in writing, so that Isabel will always know that her Mum and Dad wanted her more than anything else in the world, that she was NEVER an afterthought or a second choice.

3 comments:

4D said...

Wow! I hope you feel better soon.

Adoption for us is our choice and will always be one that we are proud and happy for.

Keep smilin!

Elizabeth said...

Adoption was our first choice too. We did limited fertility intervention (boy that was a trip) but always adoption was the forerunner, always.
I read recently that A. Jolie said she felt closer to her adopted children too.
Elizabeth

t~ said...

Adoption is not an afterthought, it's a great way to grow a family! Couldn't agree more with you!

Hope you feel better soon!