Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dreaming!!

I have been reading about people's stories where they have connections with their children before referrals etc. I have dreams that are sometimes dejavu, like the time I dreamt about two friends of mine who didn't know each other. They were hanging out and they seemed to be the best of friends in my dream. It was a strange dream because at the time, V had moved to Scotland and we didn't think that she was ever coming back but about a year later after they had been introduced, they hung out ALL the time!!! So, when I am reading these stories about women who have a dream about their child on the day she was born and other connections, I thought that I might start dreaming about Isabel. Well, I hadn't until last night!!! Last night I dreamt of Isabel!! I dreamt that I was holding her and taking her around town. I could see her face and her beautiful dark hair. Shawn was there and the dream felt like incredible love - the kind that you never want to wake up from. We knew our beautiful daughter!!!! I woke up in the night and told Shawn that I had had an amazing dream about Isabel, then went back to sleep.
When I went to work, I was telling Shirley my co-worker about my dream - it was so incredible that even though I went back to sleep, I can still see parts of it and feel the feeling. She said that she had trouble sleeping last night and when she does, she thinks of nice things. Every time there are referrals, Shirley and I ogle over the new babies and she had one particular baby that she just fell in love with this round so she was thinking of this baby in connection with me. That was her nice thought and she had it at the same time (we think), as I was dreaming of Isabel!! Amazing. Shirley is also, one of the only people that I will ever trust to take care of our girl - I have never met a more wonderful child centred, caring woman who has incredible relationships with both of her daughters, her granddaughters and her daughter-in-law. She will definitely be a part of Isabel's life.
So, I had to record this event. I can't remember Isabel's face now but I remember how I felt when I held her and I know that, that feeling will hold me for the next few months of the wait!!!
PS: I had a very difficult time writing this post - the descriptions of these events just don't seem to measure up but I had to record my dream and its connection to Shirley for Isabel.

9 comments:

C's Mom said...

I so look forward to seeing what meaning this dream comes to have.

I hope that yummy warm feeling stays with you for a long time :0)

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Words never seem to do thoughts justice, do they? You did a very fine job describing your dream and I know that dreams hold more meaning than we can imagine. Very cool.

Red Sand said...

I know what you mean about struggling to describe something so tangible in the sleeping world... Hold onto that feeling though, it sounds like a lovely dream.

t~ said...

Dreams are very difficult to explain but you did a good job describing your feelings. I hope that the date comes back to you in a very special way.

4D said...

That must have been so wonderful to have that dream and to have that feeling. I understand that words cannot do some experiences justice but I am def. feel what you are saying. The comfort & love you felt. So great! Hold onto to that.

I have not had any dreams yet but I hope to!

Keep smilin!

P.S. My latest post has a BIG connection to you...check it out.

TBG Happenings said...

Wow...I can't wait to see how Isabell is connected to you in this dream. We will all freak if her birthdate is around this time!!!

redmaryjanes said...

My closest friend had one daughter at the time, had miscarried and her mother had passed away 2 months earlier. I had a dream and in the dream I saw her oldest daughter lying on the floor with her red hair and beside her was a baby of approx. 6 months. A girl who looked very much like my friends sister with blonde hair. I saw her face perfectly and I knew that my friend was going to have another baby. I told her the next day that I knew she was going to get pregnant soon and have a daughter who looked like her sister. She laughed it off as she had difficulty conceiving her first daughter. But sure enough she was pregnant within a month and my now Goddaughter is the spitting image of her sister.

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a beautiful gift a sweet dream is. I love her name.
God's Speed to your daughter.
Daleea

Ann said...

Hi, I linked you from..oh I don't know where. But we're a waiting adoptive family also. I was taken aback by this because we don't know if we'll be getting a boy or girl from Taiwan and last night I had a dream about a baby girl, and in this dream she told me "mommy...I love you". Made me cry when I woke up. I wonder...and your post makes me wonder even more.