Thursday, March 01, 2007

My Pal has done it again!!!

We are soooooooo spoiled, well Isabel is!!!!!! Thank you sooooooooo much for the "snuggly" gifts. As you can see from the picture, there are TWO sleepers, TWO pairs of slippers (different sizes for different ages!!), a cute fairy cuddly outfit, a lullaby CD AND the softest little leopard with the CUTEST little face - he may get cuddled sooner than later!!! The snuggly white blanket is ADORABLE . I am such a tactile person and I couldn't stop "petting" it!! I LOVE the pink tee that says "everyone loves a brown eyed girl"!!!!!!!!!!!! Where do you find these neat gifts!?!
I can't believe this but there is more. Shawn's favorite handcream is Burt's Bees and our pal has sent us the Baby "Getting Started" kit. How did you know????? I also have to mention the cutest little ladybug hair barrette that was attached to the card. I have attached it to the little boots (I want a pair of those for me now!!!) so that it might show up in the picture better. So sweet. I am overwhelmed and amazed. These gifts are so thoughtful and I can't wait for Isabel to use her gifts from her secret "Auntie"!!!!!!

Your card was so sweet and your advice about sleeping is well taken. My close friend has four boys, the youngest is 6 months old and she says the SAME thing about sleeping, taking pictures, letting go of housework and cuddling your babies because they grow up so fast!! They have a king size bed - they were planning ahead!! Wow, I think that I can breathe now.

Now for the frustrating section of this post:

I had such a BAD BAD BAD day at work (full moon must be coming; just checked and it is Saturday) with staff issues, paperwork issues, you name it, it happened!!! I also had the culmination of a very bad experience with Ikea, trying to have them fix a problem where they were at fault: they delivered a couch that was damaged, organized for a quote to reupholstering, then told me I would have to pay the 450.00 up front and they would reimburse us. NOT!! In the meantime, the trundle bed that goes with it arrived and was RIPPED too!!! After 2 months of dealing with different people each time I called with an average of 20 minute wait on hold and numerous emails including pictures of the damage, we went As Is with a discount. Now they won't give me the discount until I send them my original receipts to be processed. I was willing to do this until just the other day they sent me someone else's "original receipt" with my name on it but charged to the person's Visa. Yikes. So I am at an impasse after spending a total of 1 1/2 hours dealing with them today!!!! All I want them to do is credit my card and send me a new receipt but it is "Against Policy" to do so. What a way to do business .

Then I came home to a sick kitty again (Shawn has been home these past three days and she has been fine), who needs lots of cuddling.

So THANK YOU SECRET PAL for your wonderful gifts. They have made the day bearable.

On a side note, it is our One Year LID Anniversary today so I stopped at the Dutch deli down the street and picked up our favorite cheeses to have with a cold bottle of champagne!! I was going to cook but I have decided that Chinese Food from our little family take-out on the other side of our street is what we are having (all the girls who work there LOVE Shawn, they are always so happy when I call to order out or make a reservation!! They always make him his "extra- special" chicken dish!!! They can't wait until Isabel comes to visit them with Daddy!!)


What a Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea and it SNOWED last night in Victoria!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that I will go make myself a cup of "Tension Tamer" tea and run a hot bath - think I need it!!!!!

5 comments:

Red Sand said...

Ugh. It sounds like a mix of good day and bad day. Hope Camie feels better and the tea helps.

Anonymous said...

Glad you like Isabels loot :) I picked up a brown eyed girl t-shirt for our munchkin too!

Sorry you had a crappy day at work...they seem to be going around! Enjoy your weekend and lets hope for lots of referrals next week!!

Your SP

4D said...

Phew...lots going on!

Great gifts. Boo to IKEA and bad day. Hope Kitty is better soon.

Happy 12 Month LID-iversary!

P.S. Must share if you find out where to buy the Love Brown Eye Girl t-shirts!

Keep smilin!

Michelle said...

What great gifts! I love Victoria! Went there on our honeymoon!
You are getting there...12 months LID is great! Congrats!

Michelle

D & S said...

What a day! I hope they start to treat you better at Ikea.

Congrats on the 12 months. Hopefully you'll be there very soon.