Tuesday, May 01, 2007

14 Months

Yep, it almost got away on me - I mean I almost forgot to record this milestone. Wow, I can't believe it has been this long but then again, the time has gone quickly in so many ways. I am hearing rumours all over the place that the referral cut off this month is November 1st and that would be a good thing I guess. At least it is not another two day referral month. That is just so difficult for everyone involved. We feel sad because it increases our wait but I was heartbroken for all of those families who were expecting their referrals last month. The good news was that Debbie and Chris from our town and agency were referred their beautiful daughter Asia and they will be travelling in 27 sleeps from today I think!! Wonderful news.
So, I was thinking of a variety of posts in the last few days about May. It is such a difficult month because we remember our little kitty who died two years ago of cancer (we still miss her soo very much) and it is another Mother's Day without any thoughts of when we can celebrate this day. I am not sure how to deal with this day this year. Last year I had hope because we were just given our LID date and it felt like things were starting to move in the right direction. This year, well, our referral seems so far away that I think we might go through another Mother's Day/Father's Day next year without a child in our family. I am usually not so down but my job has been exceptionally challenging these last few weeks and promises not to get any better in the next month. I know that I should put my head down and focus on the work ahead to try and "forget" what is happening in our adoption but that too is a challenge. Ah well, as Jan on my Marching Panda site always says, every day is one day closer to our children. My hope of an autumn referral has gone out the window!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some days it is very hard to concentrate. I agree with your friend one day closer.

Red Sand said...

Hang in there! Happy 14 - I always love to see your LIDversaries posted b/c I'm just a bit behind you. I'll confess that May is one of my favourite months and that is giving me a bit of a boost, but I know what you are saying. Hope the work situation calms down soon.

4D said...

Happy 14th! It is hard to face the uncertain and know that we are still in limbo. I am taking the joy I experience now and using that to propel me forward. Sometimes easier said then done.

But, as it has always been my motto too, everyday we are one step closer to our child and our future.

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

Happy 14 months. I know it's tough, it's only been fourth months for me and I'm already going crazy. Hang in there.

Elizabeth said...

Well Ifeel for you cuz I'm have a crappy day too. But not for the same reasons. I'm hoping for a referral before the end of the year too. Maybe we can all just toast to each other, all mothers and mothers to be. Hey, we should make up a great martini recipe and call it...a ladybug-tini!

TBG Happenings said...

Happy 14th....it is bitter sweeet. I try not to acknowledge each lid month it is just to hard at this point. The wait is crazy. And as far as mother's day goes, you are a mom to a little girl in China.

-maryellen

Rhonda said...

Happy 14th month LIDiversary. I hope that this time next year your sweet Isabel is home with you.

C's Mom said...

Happy 14 behind. Always better behind than ahead in this case.

Someday....

Tao's Mommy said...

Happy 14 months!!!