Monday, May 21, 2007

Oh, the dreaded meme...

I thought that perhaps, I had avoided this but Ms Dragonfly has tagged me!!! Just what I wanted to do today but I will oblige as she asked so sweetly and Camie is resting comfortably beside me!!
FOODOLOGY
1.What is your salad dressing of choice? My own concoction of wheat free soya sauce, Miran, rice vinegar, wheat free wooster (yea, I know that is not how you spell it!!), olive oil and a drop of sesame. Yummy.
2.What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? definitely Sushi or Italian food (so many choices!!)

TECHNOLOGY
1.What is your wallpaper on your computer? a photo of the Hurricane Mountains that we took last summer while hiking with friends.
2.How do you listen to music? On my stereo, on my cd player/alarm clock (both in my bedroom and in my office - love them!!), car radio and I am forced to listen to KISS on the television as I bought Shawn the KISSology DVD collection for his birthday in February - nope, he's not tired of it yet!!!
BIOLOGY
1.What’s your best feature? I think that my hair, my lips and my eyes are but Shawnie is a T & A man, so he may disagree!!
2.Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Hmnn, well wisdom teeth and I thought my heart for a while when this wait started to be extended - that was ripped, not removed :)
3.Which of your five senses do you think is keenest? Have to be smell as Shawn thinks that I am deaf in one ear as I Zone Out alot. I also like the 6th sense
BULLSHITOLOGY
1.If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Tricky question. Yes, because I would want to do EVERYTHING and see EVERYONE before I died but No, because then I might get depressed if it is too soon and I won't see my daughter grow up!!!
2. Is love for real? Of course it is. Everyone loves someone or something in their lives. Love is part of being a human being - causing great joy and great sorrow at times. As the Beatles say "All you need is Love" and I truly believe this because once you have love in your life, anything is possible!!!
3.If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? I changed it to Isabel when I was little but I have grown into my name now.
4. Have you ever saved someone’s life? Yep, I work in the health care industry with seniors and there have been times. I have done the Heimlich a few times as well as assisted when people have fallen, had strokes etc.
5. Has someone ever saved yours? Not yet but I am hoping that someone would!!!
DAREOLOGY
1. Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000? For that kind of money, sure thing!!!
2.Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100? Now that was an easy $100.
3. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000? Depends how desperate for money I would be at the time!!
4. Would you never blog again for $50,000? You had better believe it!! Wouldn't stop reading and commenting though!!
5. Would you pose nude in a magazine for $250,000? Tough question. Depends who the audience was - would they see my face or just my tush!!!
6.Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1,000? Oh yea.
7. Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000? But of course!!
DUMBOLOGY
1. What is in your left pocket? I am in my LaSenza Chickie nightie, no pockets, sorry.
2. Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie? Hm. I didn't really get it but the talent scene was hilarious.
3. Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house? we have laminate "wood" - hey it is a condo and I am frugal, what can I say!!
4. Do you sit or stand in the shower? Stand. Love my huge Rain Shower head.
5. Could you live with roommates? Yep, did quite a bit in University - it was such a party!!!
6. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? One pair with big flowers on the toes!!!
7. When was the last time you had a run-in with the cops? A Ride program last year!! They always think that Shawn is an actor as we have so much of filming going on here. Too funny!!!
8. What do you want to be when you grow up? Why would I want to grow up????
9. Last friend you talked to? Shawn
10. Last person you called? Colleen
RANDOMOLOGY
1. First place you went this morning? Umn, to the Loo, then back to bed to read and cuddle with the kitty.
2. What can you not wait to do? GO TO CHINA AND MEET ISABEL!!!!!!!!!!
3. What’s the last movie you saw? Homefries on DIVA. Love Drew Barrymore!!! Friends have said that Shawn and I resemble Drew and Adam in "The Wedding Singer" but I think that Shawn is much cuter than Adam!!!

Ok, so there you have it. More silly info about me and mine. Hope that all the Canadians had a great May "Two-Four"!! Well, at least for those of you in Ontario. Out here in BC it is "Victoria Day" without the fireworks :(, only parades. Ah the memories of campsites, cold mornings, wet tents, soggy cases of beer (or boxes of wine in my case) and friends. What a life.
This weekend, Shawn and I went shopping for fabric for Isabel, a new shower door and our secret pal. I then prepared all the the squares for Isabel's quilt that I have received, baked Gluten-Free chocolate chip cookies, prepared squares for another quilt I am making and cut out dress patterns to make Isabel dresses. What a difference!!! I guess when you hit 35, your party days are over - here comes domesticity!!!! But, I still love my wine - but not from a box these days!!

PS: If anyone wants to trade squares, email me and I would love to trade. I want to make Isabel a smaller quilt too, so I am still looking for squares. For those FAMILY MEMBERS who haven't sent them yet and you know who you are - I NEED your squares in the next few weeks as I want to get started piecing it together!!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hurray for sushi!
So sorry about the Kiss though. Mine loves metal (yuk).
"They always think that Shawn is an actor as we have so much of filming going on here. " filming for what? I'm curious.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Loved no.2 in Biology! Tee hee. Good one.

4D said...

Good Meme!

Keep smilin!

aimeeg said...

We've got the frugal laminate wood, too.

That's quite a salad dressing mix up!