Wednesday, July 26, 2006

If I had millions of dollars...


One of my oldest and dearest friends came to visit me yesterday and we had a fabulous time. We both love roses so we visited the famous Butchart Gardens then went for tea and a driving tour of Victoria (she has never been here and we only had an afternoon!!). We did the sea to sky tour in 2 hours. Not bad!!
When we were young adolescents we used to drink tea by the gallon and our favorite places were two Chinese restaurants that would refill our pots regularly!! To curb this, my parents gave me a red Chinese tea set of my own but we still skipped school to drink tea!! We also refused for quite some time, to eat with anything other than the chopsticks that we had purchased on a "free" day in Toronto's Chinatown. Colleen will remember this too I am sure. Ah, the memories!! It is so great to still have the friends that I grew up with, they mean so much. We were a little crazy but boy did we have fun!!

So, while we were at the gardens, Anita asked me that very "Bare Naked Ladies" question and I answered. The only thing I would do would be to continue adopting children and purchase the type of home that would accommodate every one of them, special needs or not. She mentioned traveling and I said that the beauty of international adoption is that you travel to meet your new family member and then you travel back to their homeland to visit on many occasions. If I had millions of dollars, that is what I would do. I wouldn't change anything in my life as I have everything that I need. But today,on further reflection, our money would also go to fighting breast cancer and other related cancers as well. It has affected so many beautiful women in our small little world - it breaks our hearts and we wish we could do more to prevent and cure this hideous disease.
So, if I had millions of dollars, I would have a huge international family and I would do everything in my power to fight cancer. One can only dream!!!

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Great answer! I'd love to do the same. I would keep delivering little ones but would also have a whole bunch of my own!

And, right on about breast CA! 'Race for the Cure' gal here!